Jaskamal Kahlon, M.D., FACC
Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Vascular Specialist
Dr. Jaskamal Kahlon is Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine, and Nuclear Cardiology. He completed his Fellowship in Cardiovascular Medicine and Internal Medicine Residency at the St. John Hospital and Medical Center, Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at Emory University and his Residency in Cardiology.
Medical School - Christian Medical College Ludhiana, Punjab
Residency - St. John Hospital & Medical Center, Detroit, MI
Fellowship - Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA
Recognition & Awards/Research/Publications
- Phoenix magazine’s “Top Docs” in Cardiology.
- Press Ganey Associates, a renowned research firm, ranks Dr. Kahlon in the top 15th percentile in the country among physicians whose patients would likely recommend his practice to friends and family.
- First Division in all medical school professional exams Dean’s List, Christian Medical College and Hospital Intern of the year, St. John Hospital & Medical Center Case of the Week, Annual Radiology Award.
- Jaskamal P.S. Kahlon M.D, James Torey P.A, Cheryl K. Nordstrom Ph.D., M.P.H, Thomas A. LaLonde M.D, Arshad Ali M.D, Theodore L. Schreiber M.D, Toshihiro Ogawa M.D, James J. Maciejko Ph.D, Howard Rosman M.D, Julius M. Gardin M.D (2006) The Impact of Coronary Artery Disease Risk Factors on Intravascular Ultrasound-Derived Morphologic Indices of Human Coronaries
Echocardiography 23 (4) 308–311.
- Pires, LA, May, LM, Ravi, S, Lal, VR, Kahlon, JPS (2001) Safety and potential cost savings of same-setting electrophysiologic testing and placement of transvenous implantable cardioverter-defibrillators. Clinical cardiology, 24(9), 2001,pp. 592-596.
- 2002: Kahlon JPS. Rosman H, Davis T, Schreiber T, Romanelli M, Maciejko J, Torey J, Nordstrom C, Ali A, Gardin J. Role of Diabetes Mellitus and Renal Failure in the Patho-Anatomy of Coronary Atherosclerosis: An Intravascular Ultrasound Study. (Poster). Presented at American Society of Echocardiography, Orlando.
- 2002: Kahlon JPS, Maciejko J, Nordstrom C, LaLonde T, Ali A, Torey J, Vikaraman N, Zainea M, Ogawa T, Gardin J, MD. Coronary Plaque Area and Calcium Arc, but Not Percent Stenosis or Remodeling ratio, are Related to Traditional Coronary Risk Factors: An Intravascular Ultrasound Study. (Poster). Presented at American Society of Echocardiography, Orlando.
- 2002: Kahlon JPS, Moser L, Rosman H, Nordstrom C, Zafar A, Khairullah Q, Schreiber T, LaLonde T, Gardin J, Yamasaki H. Effectiveness of N-Acetylcystiene for the Prevention of Radiocontrast-Induced Nephropathy: Is the Jury Still Out? (Poster). To be presented at AHA, Chicago.
- 2002: Kahlon JPS (primary investigator), Yamasaki H, Rosman H,Ali A, Lalonda T, Schreiber T. N-Acetylcystiene in Prevention of Progression of Renal Insufficiency (NAPRI). A randomized placebo controlled double blind trial of N-Acetylcystienes for prevention of contrast induced nephropathy in patients undergoing cardiac catherization. Manuscript compilation in progress. Abstract presented at AHA 2002, Chicago.
- 2001: Kahlon JPS, Munagala V, Pires L. Safety and Efficacy of DC Cardioversion for Atrial Fibrillation/Atrial Flutter (AF), on a General Medical Unit. (Poster). Accepted for Michigan Chapter ACC, Traverse City.
- 2001: Pires LA, May LM, Ravi S, lal VR, Kahlon JPS: Safety and Potential Cost Saving of Same-Setting Electrophysiological Testing and Placement of Trasvenous Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators. Clin Cardiol. 24,592-596.
- 2000: Kahlon JPS, Ganji J, Khan M. Short term and Safety of Ibutalide in Atrial Flutter in Community Setting. (Oral presentation). Michigan Chapter ACP, Traverse City.
- 1998: Kahlon JPS, Kazziha S, Schreiber T. Use of Intracoronary Doppler Guide-wire in Coronary Interventional Decision Making, A Case Report. Michigan Chapter ACP, Traverse City.
- 1998: Ali A, Kahlon JPS, Guduguntla V, Kazziha S, Schreiber T. Can Intracoronary Doppler Flow Measurement Predict Late Out-come in Patients with Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease of Intermediate Severity? Presented at Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Scientific Sessions, Washington DC. (AJC, Oct 1998).
- 1997: Kahlon JPS, Ravi S, Crawford J. Ruptured Right Sinus of Valsalva Aneurysm into LVOT, a Missed Diagnosis, A Case Report. Michigan Chapter ACP, Traverse City.