Sreedivya Chava, M.D., FACC, RPVI
Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular
Dr. Sreedivya Chava is Board Certified in Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Vascular Imaging and Internal Medicine. She completed her Fellowship in General Cardiovascular Medicine and Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology from the University of Vermont, Burlington. Dr. Chava completed her Critical Care fellowship, residency and internship in medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY.
Dr. Chava believes in building strong patient relationships through open and honest communication. She is committed to provide patient centered, quality care through safe and advanced technology. Her special interests are cardiac catheterization through radial artery (wrist), minimally invasive, catheter based valve replacement (TAVR). She has particular interest in women’s heart health and preventing cardiovascular disease in women.
Medical School - NTR University of Health Sciences (KIMS), India
Residency - SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
Fellowship - University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Women in Cardiology Trainee Award for Excellence by American Heart Association (AHA) – Council on Clinical Cardiology
- Best Doctor Award at SUNY Upstate Medical Center on National doctor’s day for my service to the patients
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Costing Study – This research study will quantify the procedural and total hospitalization cost differences between the minimalist approach vs. standard approach to staffing TAVR procedures
- Acute Myocardial Infarction – Book Chapter – Critical Care Secrets 6th edition – Awaiting Publication
Sreedivya Chava, Harold Dauerman
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles/Abstracts
- Routine CT Angiography to Detect Severe Coronary Artery Disease Prior to Transcatheter
Aortic Valve Replacement – Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis – 2017 Jun 23. doi: 10.1007/s11239-
017-1521-1. Chava S, Gentchos G, Abernethy A, Leavitt B, Terrien E, Dauerman HL
- Factors influencing platelet reactivity in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery. Coronary
Artery Disease. 2016 May; 27(3):185-90. Schneider DJ, Chava S
- Predictors of Pacemaker Dependency after Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Journal of the
American College of Cardiology, 2016, Apr: Vol 67, Issue 13_S, 782-782. M Lee, S Yeshwant, S Chava, H
Dauerman, Daniel Lustgarten, Robert Lobel
- Management strategies for acute coronary occlusion associated with CoreValve transcatheter aortic valve
replacement: Journal of Thrombosis and thrombolysis, 2015 Aug; 40(2):198-202.
Sreedivya Chava, Edward Terrien, Joseph Schmoker, Marc Tischler, Harold L Dauerman
- A regional pharmacoinvasive PCI strategy incorporating selected bleeding avoidance strategies: Coronary
Artery Disease. 2015 Jan; 26(1):30-6.
Chava, Sreedivya; Raza, Samreen; El-Haddad, Mohammad A.; Priest, Jeff; Ashikaga, Takamaru; Dauerman,
- Mechanisms of heart block after transcatheter aortic valve replacement: a review of cardiac anatomy,
clinical predictors and mechanical factors that contribute to permanent pacemaker insertion – Arrhythmia
Electrophysiology Review. 2015
Aug; 4(2): 81–85.
Mark Young Lee, Srinath Chilakamarri Yeshwant, Sreedivya Chava and Daniel Lawrence Lustgarten
- A Regional Pharmacoinvasive PCI Strategy Incorporating Bleeding Avoidance Strategies: Circulation. 2014
Nov: 130(Suppl 2) A12274-A12274.
Sreedivya Chava, Samreen R Raza, Mohamed El-Haddad, Jeff Priest, Takamura Ashikaga, Harold L Dauerman
- Characteristics and outcomes of critically ill patients with 2009 influenza a h1n1 pneumonia. CHEST Journal
138 (4_MeetingAbstracts), 228A-228A.
Pranav Singh, MD*; Xianghong Yang, MD; Sreedivya Chava, MBBS and Dana Savici, MD
- Kupffer cell-hepatic stellate cell crosstalk promotes nf- κb activation, hepatic stellate cell survival and liver
fibrosis. HEPATOLOGY 52 (4), 378A-378A.
Johanes Kluwe,Samuele De Minicis,Geum-Youn Gwak ,Pradere Jean-Phillippe, Myoung-Kuk Jang, Sreedivya
Chava, Robert Schwabe.
- Kupffer cells prevent cell death of activated hepatic stellate cells through il1β-mediated nf-κb activation :
Hepatology 50 (4), 819A-819A.
Johannes Kluwe, Samuele De Minicis, Pradere Jean-Philippe, Geum-Youn Gwak, Sreedivya Chava, Robert
- Bilateral pleural effusions in a 23-year-old man: a clinical puzzle. QJM. 2015 Jul; 108(7):577-9.
S Das, SV Cherian, S Chava, FA Allam, DN Manta, RJ Lenox
- A Rare Presentation of a Rare Disease; Chylothorax as the Initial Presentation of Behcet's Disease. CHEST
Journal 142 (4_MeetingAbstracts), 503A-503A.
S Chava, S Das, S Cherian, W Hamarneh, P Pantangi, R Lenox Poster Presentation