Mark S. Stern, M.D., FACC, FSCAI
Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology
Dr. Mark S. Stern is Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology and Internal Medicine. He completed his Fellowship in General Cardiology and Internal Medicine Residency at the UCLA Center for the Health Sciences Center. Dr. Stern completed his Rotating Medical Internship at the Harbor General Hospital after receiving his M.D. Degree from the New York Medical College.
Dr. Stern is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, Fellow of the American Heart Association and a Fellow of the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions. He is a member of the American College of Physicians and American College of Echocardiography.
Medical School - New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
Internship - UCLA Harbor Medical Center, Torrance, CA
Residency - University CA Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Fellowship - University CA Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Recognition & Awards/Research/Publications
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America 1996-2014.
- Mosby Book Scholarship Award for Excellence in Medicine.
- Alpha Omega Alpha, the Medical Honor Society.
- Press Ganey, a renowned research firm, ranks him in the top 30th percentile of physicians in the country whose patients would recommend their physician to friends and family.
- Phoenix magazine as one of Phoenix’s top physicians in Cardiology.
- 2000 to Current: SPORTIF V – An Efficacy and Safety Study of the Oral Direct Thrombin Inhibitor H 376/95 Compared with Dose-Adjusted Warfarin (Coumadin®) in the Prevention of Stroke and Systemic Embolic Events in patients with Atrial Fibrillation.
- 1999 to Current: GUSTO IV AMI Trial – A Phase III Randomized, Open-Label Trial Evaluating The Efficacy And Safety Of ReoPro7 (Abciximab) In Combination With Reduced Dose Retavase7/RapilysinJ (Recombinant Plasminogen Activator, Reteplase, r-PA) For The Treatment Of Acute Myocardial Infarction. Principle Investigator.
- 1998 to Current: VALIANT Trial – Valsartan In Acute Myocardial Infarction Trial. A multinational, double-blind, randomized, active controlled, parallel group study comparing the efficacy and safety of long-term treatment with valsartan, captopril and their combination in high risk patients after myocardial infarction. Sponsored by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. Principle Investigator.
- Stern, M.S. and Joshpe, G., “Strongyliodes Stercorales Autoinfection,”JAMA, Vol. 215, No. 2, Page 297. 1971.
- Stern, M.S. and Gitnick, G. L., “Shigella Hepatitis,” JAMA, Vol. 234, No. 2, Page 2528. 1976.
- Cabeen, W.R., Reza, M.J., Kovick, R.B., Stern, M.S., “Mitral Valve Prolapse and Conduction Defects in Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.” Archives of Internal Medicine, Vol. 137, No. 9, Page 1227; 1977.
- Poster Presentation, 50th Scientific Session of AHA, “Nitrous Oxide in Acute Myocardial Infarction.” Abstract in Circulation, Oct. 1978.