Edward Perlstein, M.D., FACC
Expertise: Interventional Cardiology and Internal Medicine.
Dr. Edward Perlstein is Board Certified in Cardiovascular Medicine, Interventional Cardiology and Internal Medicine. He completed his Fellowship, Residency in Internal Medicine and Internship from Temple University. Before earning his Doctorate of Medicine from New Jersey College of Medicine, he graduated from Villanova University.
As a founding member of Tri-City Cardiology, over the past 25 years Dr. Perlstein has built a reputation as a top cardiologist and as a physician leader. He has been on the Board of Directors of Tri-City Cardiology and is currently the Chief Operating Officer and Co-Chairs the Echocardiology Department.
- Phoenix magazine’s “Top Docs” in Cardiology
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America 1996-2016
- Press Ganey, a renowned research firm, ranks him in the top 25th percentile in the country among physicians whose patients are confident in their physician.
- 2000 to Present: SPORTIF V – An Efficacy and Safety Study of the Oral Direct Thrombin Inhibitor H 376/95 Compared with Dose-Adjusted Warfarin (Coumadin®) in the Prevention of Stroke and Systemic Embolic Events in patients with Atrial Fibrillation. Sub-Investigator
- 1999 to Present: VALIANT Trial – Valsartan In Acute Myocardial InfarctionTrial. A multinational, double-blind, randomized, active controlled, parallel group study comparing the efficacy and safety of long-term treatment with valsartan, captopril and their combination in high risk patients after myocardial infarction. Sponsored by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. Sub-Investigator.
- 1999 to Present: GUSTO IV AMI Trial – A Phase III Randomized, Open-Label Trial Evaluating The Efficacy And Safety Of ReoPro7 (Abciximab) In Combination With Reduced Dose Retavase7/RapilysinJ (Recombinant Plasminogen Activator, Reteplase, r-PA) For The Treatment Of Acute Myocardial Infarction. Sub-Investigator.
- Systemic Arteriovenous Fistula Simulating Severe Valvular Aortic Stenosis.E. Sergio Blesa, M.D., Thomas Kruelen, M.D., Edward Perlstein, M.D., Ellen S. Escovitz, M.D., Robert Tyson, M.D. CHEST, 70:1, July 1976
*Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 1996 to 2016