Jay A. Shechter, M.D., FACC, FSCAI
Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology
Dr. Jay A. Shechter is Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Internal Medicine. He completed his Residency in Internal Medicine at the Washington Hospital Center in Washington D.C., after earning his Doctorate of Medicine at Albany Medical College. Dr. Shechter graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Rochester with a Bachelor of Arts. Dr. Shechter did his Cardiology fellowship at the Medical College of Pennsylvania and stayed four years to teach and do research at that facility. Dr. Shechter is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Intervention.
Medical School - Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
Residency - Washington Hospital Center, Washington, PA
Fellowship - Medical College of Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Shechter J, et al – “The effect of Left Venricular Hypertrophy on Inducible Arrhythmias “ presented to the American Heart Association Annual Meeting , Miami Beach Florida 11/84 with subsequent publication in the journal Hypertension in 1986.
- Shechter J et al “The effect of Procainamide on Dispersion of Ventricular Refractoriness Am J Card 52:280-282.
- Mandelkorn J, Wolf N, Singh S, Shechter J, Kersch R , Workman M Bentivoglio L , Laporte S, Meister S,“ Intracoronary Thrombus in Non-Transmural Myocardial Infarction and in Unstable Angina Pectoris” Am J Cardio Vol. 52:1-6 1983.
- Blunda M , Meister S, Shechter J, Pickering N, Wolf N “Intravenous vs Intracoronary Streptokinase in acute Myocardial Infarction” Catheterization and Cardiovascular Diagnosis 10: 319-327 1984.
- Friehling T Kowey P, Shechter J, and Engle T “The effect of Site of Pacing on Dispersion of Refractoriness” Am J of Cardio 55:1339-1343 198.