A heart doctor can have a big impact on your life. You may need one if you have heart disease or are recovering from cardiac arrest. When you are looking for a cardiac specialist for your Arizona cardiovascular treatment, don’t settle for the first one you come across in your online search. Instead, check for these five signs of a great cardiologist.
1. Others recognize the doctor’s value. A great cardiac specialist will gain the attention of people from patients to professional organizations. Check the online reviews to see what current and previous patients think about the cardiologist. Heart doctors can also be recognized by professional organizations and patient advocacy groups as winners of awards such as a top physician in the area.
2. You have the doctor’s cell phone number. You never know what can happen when you are undergoing Arizona cardiovascular treatment. There may be times when you have urgent questions about taking a medication or exercising safely. You need an immediate answer, but these occasions may not happen during business hours. A cardiac specialist who gives you a cell phone number shows you that he or she really cares about your well-being and peace of mind.
3. The cardiologist is surrounded by great staff members. Great doctors do not work in isolation. They tend to attract caring and competent staff members. Nurses should be warm, reassuring, and confident. The receptionist at the office should keep track of your appointments, work to schedule appointments around your busy schedule, and be able to provide information about upcoming treatments. If there is a financial specialist, he or she should work to get you reimbursement from your insurance company if you are entitled.
4. The heart doctor specializes in the area you need it most. Most likely, you are going to the cardiac specialist for a specific concern. Make sure the heart doctors you are considering are experienced in the area of cardiology you need. This could be any of the following.
- Medical cardiology to evaluate and manage conditions such as heart failure.
- Interventional cardiology to restore blood flow to tissues, often through the use of catheters.
- Diagnostic testing to see what is wrong and how you can be treated.
- Treatment for peripheral vascular disease, which is a common type of cardiac disease and can be managed with blood pressure reduction and other interventions.
5. The heart doctor takes a holistic approach to medicine. Your heart health does not just depend on medications and medical treatments. It also depends on your lifestyle. Great heart doctors recognize the importance of things like eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and reducing stress. Your heart doctor should offer services to help you achieve a healthy lifestyle.